I think I say this every year but every year I get to see all these amazing girls that are graduating from the Lethbridge nursing programs and every year I think, “Man, there are some gorgeous girls heading into our hospitals!” I’ve been so lucky to meet so many of you this year and I can’t wait to meet the rest of you that I have scheduled! Congratulations to you all on graduating and good luck in the nursing world!!
Buttonfield Photography is Southern Alberta’s premiere high school senior photographer for a high end photo experience. Don’t trust your senior or grad pictures to an amateur. Be the envy of all your friends with pictures that are amazing! Serving the southern parts of Alberta including Lethbridge, Taber, Picture Butte, Fort Macleod, Magrath and Raymond. To book your session send an email to email@example.com
Posted in 2016 Graduates, Grad Photographer, Grad Portraits, Lethbridge College Graduates, Lethbridge Photographer, Natural Light Photographer, Portrait Photographer, Portraits
Tagged grad, graduation, lethbridge, nursing grads, photographer, portrait, Portrait and grad photographer serving Lethbridge, southern alberta
Our family spent Christmas doing lots of amazing, fun-filled things with family. We opened presents on “Christmas Adam” (the night before Christmas Eve) and spent Christmas Day sledding and spending time out in the cows at my sister-in-law’s ranch. The following week we had two family Christmas parties (Dan’s family and mine), spent New Year’s Eve with a massive group of friends at my sister’s place, and then went back to the ranch for New Year’s Day to celebrate Malachi’s birthday, take the kids sledding once again, and make some delicious Dutch treats. If I ever doubted how blessed I am, these past two weeks have reminded me over and over again how undeserving I am of the life I live. I am so blessed to have the family I do, the home I do, and all the exciting new ventures that I do!
I’ve been neglecting this little online world of mine, but with 2015 part of the past and 2016 officially rung in, I decided it was time to put some focus on this blog. I would love to say 2015 was an amazing, adventure filled year, but if I’m being completely honest I feel like 2015 was a little “lo key”. As “You’re Already Amazing” (by Holley Gerth) reminded me, sometimes God places us in a time of “encampment” so that we may rest and prepare for His upcoming plans. 2015 was a year full of personal growth, one full of learning to be content in just being; just being a mom and not necessarily a dream chaser.. just being in this house and not in the country like I dream so much about.. just being Dan’s wife and friend instead of the person nagging him to clean up and help out. I learned that being content is an attitude changer.
That’s not to say huge things aren’t beginning to happen around here! I am looking forward to all the things God will use me for in 2016!
Being a mom of four, I’ve definitely learned that saying “no” to things is okay. I’ve realized that I need to start saying “no” to the good things so that I can say “yes” to the great things; the things that I believe God has placed in my heart for a reason. This year I want to focus more. I want to stop overwhelming myself with to do list’s that never end and instead focus on the things that not only make me happy, but the things that will glorify God.
- I will spend more time playing. I am so bad at setting things aside and making time to play with the kids. I am always so wrapped up in what I all need to accomplish that I never set the vacuum aside to play Barbie’s with Joelle. I never stop loading the dishwasher to read a book to the kids. I never stop my editing to play trucks with the boys. I’m too busy doing the day to day housework that I’m not spending time having fun and building important relationships with the kids. I don’t want to just be their mom.. I know it’s rather cliche to say but I want to be their friend. I want to be that person that they love being with, love talking to, and love sharing their imaginations with. So this year I’m forcing myself to focus on what’s truly important, and that’s these precious kids that God has gifted me with. They’ll only be little so long and before I know it they’ll be grown up and it won’t be cool to hangout with me anymore And when that happens I can focus on my housework
- I will step outside of my comfort zone. I have a pretty narrow comfort zone, if I do say so myself. I prefer to hangout with an “x” amount of certain people. Groups make me uncomfortable and rather than getting to know new people I often end up sitting and observing while everyone else has fun. I tend to keep my personality a little contained (unless I’m on a photo shoot.. for some reason an awfully weird side of me comes out when I’m photographing people lol) and I want so badly to let go.. to get to know people, NEW people, and to truly be my weird, goofy, happy go lucky self. I want to step out and learn new things. I want to learn to be comfortable walking through a pen of cows. I want to shoot a bow (don’t tell my husband.. he’ll never let me hear the end of it). I want to live my life to the fullest and do things that make memories- things that make me a little uncomfortable but in the end make me feel that much more alive!
- I will focus on my dreams. I have dreams guys. Big dreams. Dreams that scare me. Dreams that I know can only be from God because trust me, if it were up to me I don’t think I’d ever have the courage to pursue them. This is the year I stop saying “not yet”, “I’m too scared”, “It will never work” and start saying “Yes!” This is the year I start trusting and believing. I CAN do this.. With God’s help I can do anything! As I wrote on Instagram a while back- “Community over competition; that’s what I’m dreaming of! I’m dreaming of building a community for high school girls.. A community of girl’s that build each other up, that are there for each other, that have fun together and are each other’s cheerleaders. I dream of building a community of teenage girls that gives back to the community and does it with hearts full of love. I dream about these things constantly and I WILL do it because I believe in it so much! I believe in supporting each other, building one another up and loving everyone!”
- I will continue to build up a strong brand. If you’ve been following me from the beginning you know that it’s taken me quite a while to hone in on my brand. I’ve tried all sorts of different logos, website designs, packaging and hey, I’ve even tried a different business name! I feel like over the past two years I’ve started to really narrow in on my brand. I’ve narrowed my photography niche down to only teenage and young women, focusing a lot on graduates. I’ve simplified my packaging and products and finally have something I am proud of. With the wrapping up of the studio decorating I feel like I can see my brand reflected through most of my business areas. This year I want to focus even more on building up a strong brand. On building up my message that everyone is beautiful and everyone deserves to feel beautiful; that everyone deserves to feel special, thought about and loved from time to time.
- I will say “no” to the good so I can say “yes” to the great. I know I’ve already gone over this but I really do need to work on this. I’m a bit of a “people pleaser”. I’ll say yes to things and later regret it but keep my mouth shut because I want to help someone out. I’ll feel completely overwhelmed with my schedule but will either completely ignore it or I’ll stress about it.. but I won’t take things off of my schedule. I’m so bad at stopping to think things through before letting a “yes” jump out of my mouth. “You want me to do pictures of your kid for you? Yeah I I could do that..” NO! No, I can’t! Not anymore.. because I’ve learned that by saying yes to that good thing I’m saying no to more important things.. like my kids and my family. Like the girl’s I would much rather be photographing because that’s where my heart and my calling lie. I’m one person.. I can’t do everything. But what I can do is start saying no more often so that those who are most important in my life will get 100% of me.
I am so looking forward to this upcoming year.. to all the new adventures. To truly focusing on what is important to me, my family, and God’s calling for me, and to give those things my all. I hope you all have an amazing, blessed 2016! I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can in the upcoming year.